Serbian List withdraws from Kosovo government

Head of the Serbian List, Goran Rakic has confirmed at a press conference that they had decided to leave the Kosovo government.

“At the fifth anniversary of the Brussels Agreement, on 20th April, we are going to form our own Community of Serbian Municipalities (ZSO) in Kosovo in accordance with the Agreement”, Rakic added. Minister in the Kosovo government, Dalibor Jevtic said that the decision to leave the government was unanimously adopted in protest at what he called “attacks on the people and representatives of Serbia” in Kosovska Mitrovica. Jevtic said that the List enjoyed the full support from the official Belgrade for deciding to withdraw from the ruling coalition.

The Serbian List (i.e. Kosovo Serb-led political parties that are members of the ruling coalition in Kosovo) held three ministerial positions, including that of deputy prime minister. All four resigned on Tuesday, prompting Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj to ask them to reconsider.

At the same press conference, the Head of Serbia’s Office for Kosovo and Metohija, Marko Djuric, who was arrested and expelled from Kosovo yesterday, spoke of his ordeal: “They (the Kosovo special forces) tried to humiliate me, while kicking me, hitting my head against my knee and even taking selfies with me. They have also tried to intimidate me by pointing a loaded Kalashnikov to my stomach. One of them even took a knife out and threatened me with it.”

Jevtic also commented on Djuric’s arrest and said: “If they wanted to arrest Mr. Djuric, they could have done that in a more dignified way, and not humiliate us. But they failed at that! Someone has to be held responsible for that, for the excessive use of force and for everything that happened yesterday”.

He then added: “We have a message for our compatriots in Metohija and in Central Kosovo, and that is that this has made us even stronger and more united. We will fight, and we will continue to fight in a democratic way, as you saw yesterday, unarmed. Our goal is peace and for more Serbs to live in Kosovo and Metohija”.

Goran Rakic also said that Rakic ​​said that the Serbian List would form ZSO in accordance with the Brussels Agreement and the international law. He reminded that the agreement was ratified in the Kosovo Assembly, and that as an international act, it takes precedent over any ruling by the Constitutional Court of Kosovo.

“We will do only what has been agreed and signed. Formation of ZSO is stipulated in the Brussels Agreement. I see no reason why would the dialogue fail because of that”, Rakic added reply to a journalist’s question about formation of ZSO possibly jeopardizing the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina.

Serbian President, Aleksandar Vucic met yesterday with the representatives of the Serbian List behind the closed doors in the building of the Serbian Presidency.

The civic initiative “Serbia, Democracy, Justice” announced earlier that the Serbian List should immediately leave the Kosovo institutions, as well as re-examine further participation in the Brussels dialogue.

(N1, 27.03.2018)

http://rs.n1info.com/a374877/Vesti/Srpska-lista-izlazi-iz-Vlade-Kosova.html

 

This post is also available in: Italiano

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

scroll to top