Predrag Kon:”We will be out of this situation in about three weeks”

In the last 24 hours, another 162 new cases of COVID-19 infection have been recorded in Serbia, which brings to a total of 7,276, with 5 patients having died (four men and one woman). 

139 people have died so far, while 1,063 are being treated in hospitals, said the provincial health secretary Zoran Gojkovic.

At a press conference, Gojkovic also said that 2,688 people have been tested in the last 24 hours. So far, a total of 3,477 patients have been hospitalized, 96 of whom are now on a respirator.

To date, a total of 51,324 people have been tested. The number of COVID-19-positive health workers currently stands at 622, reports the Tanjug news agency.

Discover the most important foreign investments in Serbia in 2019: click here!

“The results show that we are coming out of the situation of intense virus activity,” said epidemiologist Predrag Kon, specifying that it will take another two weeks of restrictive measures to overcome the situation.

He added that that is why we should seriously consider the potential re-opening of borders and launch of public transport, as well as think carefully about how to act when the time is right to abolish restrictive measures.

Kon also noted that the seventh week since the outbreak of the pandemic was coming to an end.

“It will take up to 10 weeks, so during the following two weeks, there will be sporadic new cases. After the tenth week, the emergency situations will become less and less possible as control measures become stronger,” Kon said.

Speaking about the upcoming May Day celebrations, the epidemiologist said that his opinion is that the celebrations should be banned because they “could ruin everything”.

“As for Djurdjevdan (May 6), it is practically just one day. As usual, the curfew will start at 18:00 and I don’t think we need to use additional measures,” Kon concluded.

(Politika, 23.04.2020)

http://www.politika.rs/scc/clanak/452818/Kon-Za-oko-dve-nedelje-izlazimo-iz-ove-situacije

 

This post is also available in: Italiano

Share this post

scroll to top
More in border crossings, coronavirus, current situation, opening, Predrag Kon, public transport
Public city and intercity transport will resume on May 4th?

Nikolic: “The state did not do its best to remedy the consequences of the epidemic”

Close