The farmers from all seven farmers’ associations accepted the Government’s offer yesterday, and today at 8 o’clock in the morning, the farmers’ representative Mileta Slankamenac will officially sign a relevant 10-point-document on their behalf. What was agreed and to what conditions did the farmers not agree?
The ten-point document contains the following:
- Increasing subsidies from 9,000 to 18,000 dinars per hectare
- The milk premium will be increased from 15 to 19 dinars per litre.
- Reimbursement for dairy cows is increased from 30,000 to 40,000 dinars per head
- 50 percent of the drainage fee to be abolished this year
- Regulation of the import of milk and milk products
- Meetings with dairies
- Introduction of milk quotas – analysis and discussions
- Analysis of how to better regulate the grain market
- The use of so-called blue diesel from 1st January, 2024
- Talks about the new agrarian policy and subsidy policy to start immediately
As for farming, Dragan Kleut from the Farmers’ Associations of Banat, previously confirmed for Nova.rs that the government had agreed to pay additional subsidies per hectare of arable land this year, i.e. to increase the subsidy from 18,000 dinars compared to the previous 9,000 dinars.
“We agreed that only half of the drainage fee will be paid this year, and that from next year, the fee will be completely abolished,” Kleut added.
This post is also available in: Italiano