All buildings should have energy passports

Amendments to the Law on Spatial Planning and Construction have a new stipulation – that is, all buildings, regardless of their age, will have to have an energy passport.

This document gives owners, buyers and tenants a clear picture of energy consumption and insight into the required investments in the reconstruction of buildings.

The energy passport contains data on an energy category to which a building belongs according to its energy consumption. There are eight such classes. The most energy-efficient buildings save the most energy for heating and cooling and are given the A+ grade, while the lowest grade is G. That document is part of the technical documentation that real estate developers are required to have.

“No facility that is being built or repaired can get the utilization permit without first having the energy passport. Our Ministry will carry out inspections in the coming period to ascertain whether issued energy passports correspond to the situation on the ground”, says Dusan Radonjic, the acting deputy Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure.

In addition to residential and office buildings, privately owned houses should also have energy passports while vacation houses and temporary facilities are exempt for the time being. The passport is issued after a detailed analysis of the facility and the price of the passport ranges from 100 to several hundred euros depending on the type and the size of the facility. All the passports are available for perusal at the Ministry of Construction’s Central Registry. Since 2013, over 12,000 energy passports have been issued.

(eKapija, 06.07.2023)

This post is also available in: Italiano

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

scroll to top